Hello seniors and parents,
This image gives me the opportunity to mention a couple things…
If you want to include winter activities into your senior(s) pictures this year, please contact us very soon. Adding an extra few hours to your photo shoot is no big deal, but you need to schedule the time ASAP!
We’re very excited to be offering photo illustrations and paintings this year! Jim’s been working over the winter, with the help of a friend, (thanks Woody) on this technique. Check out our website for more examples and shoot Jim a call or email if you’d like additional info. One of these will look really cool hanging in your house. Till next time, be audacious!
Hi class of 2013. Book your session between now and July 1st. and save a whopping bunch of cash. Also, you will receice a 50% discount on a Family portrait session scheduled before August 1st. We look forward to working with you this summer! Talk to ya soon!
Do you photograph your clients in a studio or on-location? Jim Charlton is a location specialist with over 25 years of experience creating environmental portraiture. On the rare occasion, when a client needs a simple headshot, we will accommodate their request inside our camera room.
What payment methods do you accept? We accept cash or checks.
What if I need to reschedule my photo session? Session fees are non-refundable. However, we understand stuff happens. Contact us at least 48 hours in advance of your session date and we’ll reschedule you. This is a one-time option without forfeiture of your original session fee. Please know we impose this regulation due to the limits of this time of year.
Do you offer custom framing? Yes. We can work with you to ensure your portrait artwork is displayed beautifully within your surroundings and décor.
When will I get to see my pictures and place my order? Depending on your session, Senior, Family, Business, Pet, Engagement, etc., we’ll contact you within three weeks to schedule your viewing and ordering appointment. It is at this time you’ll be selecting your portraits and products. You will want to plan for two enjoyably hours to view and select your portraits. The choices will be many and we don’t want to rush you through this process.
How long will it take to receive my portraits? This also depends on the type of session and the complexity of your order. Normally, your portraits are ready for pickup within 4-6 weeks from the date they were ordered. This gives us time to provide quality artwork you expect from a custom photography art studio.
How long do you keep my digital image files? The images you order are archived for two years. Non-ordered image files are removed from our system once you have placed an order.
Can you send my order to me? Yes. We will add a shipping and handling charge to your final billing and you will need a zero balance due prior to shipping.
When do I pay for my portraits? A 50% deposit of your order total is due at the time your order is placed and the balance plus tax is paid when you pick up your finished portraits. Orders are non-refundable once your 50% deposit or down payment is received. Cancelled orders are subject to forfeiture of your paid deposit.
Can I make copies of my images? All images remain the intellectual property of Jim Charlton Photography/Charlton Photos, Inc. and are protected by Federal Copyright Law. Duplication of any kind, including scanning, reprinting, and unauthorized digital media use is strictly prohibited and prosecutable by law.
What if I want to use one of my portraits in the yearbook? Your yearbook portrait is included free with your portrait order and will be provided in the format your school requires.
For more information and scheduling, please contact me! 414-350-1069.
Hey seniors, here are a few tips for your upcoming portrait session. More info can be found at our website and feel free call us anytime. 414-350-1069.
- The best time to schedule your portrait shoot is late spring and early summer.
- The clothes in your closet are perfect, but shop if you must.
- Wear long sleeves for their yearbook picture. For your other poses, select clothing to match your locations and props. We’ll talk more about this during your portrait design consultation.
- Wear your hair as you do normally. Allow a few days for it to grow after a trim or cutting. Try not to use too much spray or gel.
- Make-up can be tricky, and I can only touch on a few topics here. The camera seems to prefer slightly heavier makeup than normal. However, too much tends to give faces a pasty look. Too little may not highlight your best features. We can consult with you for a makeup demonstration if you like. Eyeliner application should be minimal. Too much makes eyes look small. Eye makeup should be blended, with no sharp demarcation lines between colors. Liquid foundation works best. Use a powder blush and apply with a brush. Finish with a loose matte powder. Lastly, do not cancel your session for a badly timed pimple. What you can’t cover up, we will retouch away. Guys can benefit by using cover up, foundation, and powder too. Don’t worry, no one will know.
- If you normally wear glasses, contact your optician for a pair of empty frames. Or, have the optician remove your lenses for you. Everyone should have sunglasses available on sunny days.
- A suntan on your body is fine, but do not burn yourself and avoid tan lines. Most importantly, do not over tan your face. A little color is natural, but your pictures will be so much better without a dark, over tanned face. With proper makeup, and my lighting techniques, your natural skin tone will be beautiful!
- Polish your nails. Hands and feet are often visible. French is nice.
- I’m always open to your input. Clip ideas or poses from magazines. Remember this is going to be a fun once-in-a-lifetime experience!
- Call soon to schedule your free portrait design consultation. Lets get shooting!
This is one of my favorite portraits of the summer. I’ll be posting more soon.
Stormy weather was moving in, so we had to work fast. I made this image with two off-camera radio triggered 900’s one with a soft box (camera left) and the other open, as a kicker for the hard edge/stadium light look. Kind of cool. Best of all, clients loved it. Mom has seen a lot of her son’s games, but never got one like this. Kind of cooler…
Hello seniors. Thanks for checking out our website. And, we’re happy you have found our blog. You will be too! The first 10 students that book their portrait session before May 1st will receive an additional 10% off their portrait session. Call today to schedule your free no obligation Portrait Design Consultation, book your session during the month of May, and receive a total savings of 60% off your photography session.
Congratulations to the Nicolet Knights for winning the Division 1 State Championship over Middleton, 58-54! Nicolet rallied from 12-points back to win the school’s first girls basketball title.
I made this portrait last summer during her senior session using off-camera flash, shinny boards, a steady ladder, and a whole lot of enthusiasm.